Tuesday 11 October 2011

Ubuntu One + Banshee

After much thought and envying a certain someone's iTune collection, I was originally eyeing on Google Music, then felt Google will be a while before they will release the service out to the UK.

Since I use a PC and Ubuntu alot, I decided to bite the bullet on Ubuntu One Music store with Banshee.   This was after reading that 'Ubuntu One' will bring out a Windows client (Which is wise, or they missing a huge market )

First Experience
Very fast at taking my visa card details and instantly buys with no waiting.  Turns out soon you buy the software, it is instantly in your Ubuntu one cloud account.

UbuntuOne cloud files

Update Banshee
I struggled at first trying to figure out how to get it downloading.  I believe, this was due to Ubuntu not showing you much from behind the wall of clouds initial setting up.

I then discovered that there was a new release of Bansheee 2.2 with loads of bug fixes and enhancements so I figured I'd best update :D

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install banshee

Yes.... Update now if you haven't !!!!

Dispite the update, I struggled still for a little bit and I believe this could be still with more hidden setting up processes in the background... Then somehow how, they started downloading fast and furiously.  Well this was my first experience with Ubuntu One store and Banshee.

On a side note....
I seem to enjoy a few of the songs from the album, so it was my first album bought on Ubuntu One Music Store.

[/me whipsers Buy the tracks you like]

Still a hint delay with the downloads when buying yet fast after a couple of refreshes.  Other than that, I like it better than the preinstalled on of 11.04 version.  So upgrade your Banshee's! :)

Further Reading
banshee.fm
one.ubuntu.com
iloveubuntu.net

No comments:

Post a Comment